Forcing the Sale of My Property

MKG-newWhat can I do if I own a property with somebody else and I am the only one who wants to sell it?

Section 66G of the Conveyancing Act 1919 provides that where any property is owned by more than one person, one of the parties, who owns at least 50%, can approach the court and seek orders that trustees be appointed and for the property to be sold.

The money would then be held by the trustee and distributed in accordance with any orders of the court.

The court will generally only refuse an application for a sale pursuant to section 66G under special circumstances. … Read More