The saying “the only constant is change” certainly applies to the law and legal practice generally. Laws and client needs are constantly changing.
To be an expert and effective solicitor, a lifetime of continuing legal education is required. In that context Everingham Solomons is very pleased to announce that Clint Coles has been awarded a Master of Laws degree by Sydney University.
The Master of Laws course conducted by Sydney University is without doubt one of the most rigorous and prestigious in Australia. Clint’s studies centered particularly upon commercial law subjects such as –
- advanced rules for the drafting and interpretation of commercial contracts, the ability for terms to be implied into contract and the availability of juristic remedies in the case of ambiguity;
- personal and corporate insolvency including the roles of directors, proprietors, creditors and secured parties in insolvency;
- Australian business taxes particularly the major transaction taxes of capital gains tax, stamp duty, GST and the various carve outs and concessions;
- advanced study of the establishment and use of the commercial trust as a vehicle for business and investment, the regulation of managed investment schemes and the potential liability of trustees and beneficiaries,
- the rationale behind and implementation of the recently developed Personal Property Securities regime in Australia, its impact on borrowers and secured parties and its role in the leasing environment; and
- structuring strategies for asset protection in the estate and business planning context.
The knowledge gained by Clint through this course coupled with his earlier achievements of Bachelor of Laws and Master of Commercial litigation and his continuing taxation studies through the Taxation Institute of Australia equip Clint to expertly deal with a wide range of matters of behalf of his clients.
Everingham Solomons has an absolute commitment to providing the best possible advice to its clients now and into the future. To do that, everyone at Everingham Solomons will continue to learn because Helping You is Our Business.
Click here for more information on Ken Sorrenson