- Who do you want to be your executor, that is the person responsible for carrying out your wishes, obtaining probate (if required); and distributing your estate?
- Who do you want to receive a share of your estate (the beneficiaries)?
- How do you want to divide your estate (who gets what)?
A Power of Attorney appoints someone to act on your behalf with respect to financial and legal matters.
- Who do you trust to be your attorney, how many attorneys do you want to appoint and how do you want to appoint your attorney/s?
- Do you want your attorney to be able to use your money for someone else or for your sole benefit?
- Do you want to impose any conditions or limitations? eg. your attorney can only act if you are physically or mentally incapacitated.
An Appointment of Enduring Guardian appoints someone to make medical and lifestyle decisions on your behalf once you have lost mental capacity and can no longer make decisions for yourself.
- Who do want to appoint as your guardian, how many guardian/s do you want to appoint and how do you want to appoint your guardian/s?
- Are you happy for your guardian to decide where you live, what health care you receive, and what personal services you receive, refuse medical treatment, turn off life support and not engage life sustaining measures?
- Do you have any specific wishes regarding medical treatment or living arrangements?
At Everingham Solomons, we have the expertise and experience to assist you with making or updating your Will, Power of Attorney and Appointment of Enduring Guardian because Helping You is Our Business.
Click here for more information on Natasha Wood.